Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have Outlook 2013 on Win 8.1. I originally created a Pop

Customer Question

I have Outlook 2013 on Win 8.1. I originally created a Pop connection to yahoo and was able to have reminders on calendars. As the original .pst file got bigger, I created a new one and had new e-mails directed to that new .pst inbox. I added the old .pst into my Oulook so I could look at older messages. But since then, when I set up a calendar item, I get a message "the...reminder will not appear because it is in a folder that does not support reminders". Based on web queries on this issue, I checked Outlook's File/Options/Advanced and checked that the Reminders check box (and sound alert checkbox) were checked. They are. I also get this message when I try to set a calendar item from the other (old) .pst folder that I am displaying in my Outlook. Any ideas? _ John
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait on-line to check if response works
Expert:  CompDoc replied 1 year ago.

Have you seen or tried this?

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/460

Expert:  CompDoc replied 1 year ago.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/reminders-archives-pst-files/

Expert:  CompDoc replied 1 year ago.

Seems to be the fix for the other .pst file

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The slipstick proposal is one of the first things I got on Google and tried.. I read through Ms Poremsky's commenst/discussion at the end including the issue I also have, that when I right click on the Outlook file properties "There is no enabling check box in the properties dialog for the .pst folder". The rest of the discussion talks about the .pst file name but offers no solution. Thanks for the reply, but I am still stuck without a solution
Expert:  CompDoc replied 1 year ago.

I will do more research on the issue.