James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Aol email goes directly to trash

Customer Question

aol email goes directly to trash
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not see your answer on how to correct the problem and i was charged $42. All I saw was a pitch to sell additional services. I am not satisfied with this service

The remote service is an extra cost. More often than not, customers prefer the remote option because it is guaranteed to work or your money back. We don't have to do the remote, however. We can do it the old-fashioned way. The problem is that you have some sort of Email Rule or Spam filter set incorrectly. As of right now, have you verified that no such rule or filter is set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no filters set

What is your Spam level set to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spam is set to Medium . What do you want me to try nexty

Everything seems to be, as it should be. Without taking a look, I am hard up for any new ideas. May I remote in at no extra cost and see if I can locate the culprit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my problem solved. I had to set up a new password ***** now it works fine. I think I was overcharged for your services as all your web site was interested in was selling an additional service. I am considering reporting it to your rating company.Don

Good job. I am glad you were able to fix the problem. The problem was that all your email was being directed to the trash folder. You found out the problem was with the password. I don't understand how that could possibly be the answer, but I am glad you are working now. I will send up the refund request.

Thank you.