Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

In my sent mail folder almost all have inbox before the

Customer Question

In my sent mail folder almost all have inbox before the reciepients name- several don't -what does this mean
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what the problem is?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a gmail account-next to my sent messages it says inbox before the reciepients name- except for a few- does this mean they did not recieve them

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for you to call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok So whats the answer-it is a simple question
May I remote in instead? A phone call will not help much at all.
It does sound like a simple question, but I am not grasping what you are describing. That is why I offered the remote service so that I can see the problem in action and fix it quickly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just spent $37 dollars to have a very simple question answered- no you can not have access to my computer-
in google mail- in the sent mail-if there is not an "inbox" box before the reciepients name-what does this mean?

Oh. I think I understand. That means that it is not labeled as being in the 'Inbox'. If it were in the inbox, it would be labeled 'Inbox'. If it was in a folder called 'Winter', there would be a small title in front of it that says 'Winter'.

I am super sorry for the confusion. Thank you for explaining it further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the in box for the recepient?

No. It is for you inbox label. All your email folders are called 'Labels' in Gmail. If it says 'Inbox' that means it is in the inbox. They say 'Inbox' because the person sent you an email, which is in your Inbox. You then replied to that email. Their email and your reply is considered a 'thread'. So it will show that it is in the Inbox.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a message that has been sent by me- when i open up my sent mail almost all have inbox prior to the reciepients Name.
If it dosent have inbox before their name does it mean it never reached them?

If it doesn't have 'Inbox' before the name, it means that you deleted the email from the inbox that you responded to.