A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Madam; account # 33918130, in West Allis, Wisconsin. Lately,

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam; My name is***** account # ***** in West Allis, Wisconsin. Lately, we've been having an issue with an unwanted message appearing on our screen saying: "Your receiver has not received information from the satellite for many hours. Please contact DirecTV customer service department (920). The continued appearance of this message has my elderly mother completely rattled and she is downright angry. Can we resolve this electronically from your end or is there something manual that I have to do on my end to end this? I am contacting you from my at-work email address at this moment. You can phone me at(###) ###-####(cell) or email me here at***@******.***.
I am eagerly awaiting your reply and a solution to all this.
Thank you..
Sincerely;
Robert D. Hampton
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

Robert - Typically this message can be resolved with a reset of the signal to your satellite box. You can do this by following this method (although you would need to be with the box)

Unplug your receiver's power cord from the electrical outlet, wait for 15 seconds, and plug it back in.

Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

If this still does not work, you would need to phone the tech support department at 1-***-***-**** and they can assist you to resolve the signal problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, got it. If this does not work, I'll address this over the phone in the evening.
Thanks;
Robert D. Hampton
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

No problem Robert. I think the reset should work for you :)
I hope I was able to help you today.
If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the stars above would be greatly appreciated.
If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here.
Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert - any luck with the reset of the receiver?