Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

XXXX XXXX have email acct. Cannot access because I forgot my

Customer Question

Customer: XXXX XXXX have email acct***@******.***. Cannot access because I forgot my passwoed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had my computer cleaned up by Geek Squad and lost my email acct. I cant get into it without a password. Do not remember password. Could I set up my same email acct with a new password?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Email Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you. <br/XXX
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I presume that your computer was set up to log in to your Yahoo! Mail email account automatically. So you will need to 'recover your password', a procedure that is common enough for email users.

Open a web browser on your computer. Go to this address:

http://mail.yahoo.com

and then enter your email account name there, in the 'username' space.

Then enter anything in the 'password' space, and submit that. It should be refused. That's normal enough - the wrong password ***** the username will be refused. Then, you should click on the 'Forgot password?' or similarly named link next to the Username: and the Password: entry spaces, and follow the procedure there for recovering your password.

Note: if you are prompted for an email address to email the new password ***** (or anything similar) do not enter your email address that you are trying to recover... you would need to enter an email address that you still *do* have access to.