James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My wife and I opened a mail account with yahoo adoption

Customer Question

My wife and I opened a mail account with yahoo for an adoption agency. It appears now that it is a New Zealand account and wed like to change it back to US. is this possible? we are very concerned as this is now the email address that has gone out to potential birth mothers on websites. pamphlets etc...
Category: Email
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Unfortunately, the two separate yahoo accounts are completely independent of each other. One possible solution to this would be to set a forwarding rule on the "*****@******.***" to forward to the desired account

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is absolutely no way to set the email at***@******.***? this is what has gone out on the pamphlets...
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Have you created or tried to create an account on yahoo.com for "*****@******.***" ?

If so are you able to login to the account on yahoo.com?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says user name not available. but I use that user name to log into the account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what Im sayin is I log in with***@******.*** and it takes me to***@******.***
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

very strange, you are located in the US correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anything sent to***@******.*** is being bounce right back with the Mailer Daemon failure notice
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

So just to make sure we are on the same page, you go to www.yahoo.com and login with "***@******.***" and your password

the login is successful but it appears to be then logged in to "*****@******.***"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.

Could we arrange for a screen sharing session so you can show me this firsthand?