Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

We have two laptops. One has Windows 8.1 and a Microsoft

Customer Question

We have two laptops. One has Windows 8.1 and a Microsoft account in husbands name. The other was just upgraded to windows 10. When I set up the account in it, I used my name, a new outlook.com email account. It asked for a second email address for emergencies and I listed our email used in husbands account on his laptop. When I tried to open my laptop is shows his name and won't open. Now even his account is messed up but at least his opens without it. How do I fix mine and get rid of his account on it.
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and Welcome. My name is Michael

This is a very common problem that happens when setting up the Microsoft account during Windows Setup.

Step 1: First of all, make sure the computer having the LOG in problem is connected to the internet, preferably hardwired.

Step 2: With secondary computer most possibly your husband's, you will have to go into outlook.com and reset the password ***** YOUR Microsoft account.

By resetting/changing the password ***** should take effect in a few seconds on the computer having the log-in issues....that's why is crucial for that computer to be connected to the internet at the time of resetting the password.

Please let me know if you require further assistance on this matter.

thank you.