Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I have recently left my old firm and therefore have changed

Customer Question

I have recently left my old firm and therefore have changed my email address. Apple has my old address,***@******.***. I no longer have access to that address. What I thought was its password ***** work. The security questions were set up so long ago that I have no idea what the answers might be, for example, what is your favorite job, is the answer Supreme Court, Supreme Court clerk, or Supreme Court law clerk, another example, where did your parents meet?, Answer Demopolis or Demopolis, Alabama, etc. etc. Net result I can't get to my old account to change the id (email address, which is now***@******.***) and set a password. I assume I could just open a new account,but how would I get all my stuff under the***@******.*** accoount over to a***@******.*** account? Can you help me out of this mess?
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Clay,

It's important to keep your Apple ID information up to date. If you no longer have access to the email address you currently use for your Apple ID, simply change it to your current, working email address. This will allow you to continue using your account and will ensure you can receive important account-related emails, reset your password, and more.
You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control - see https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202667