James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I had to clear out my Acer computer and reload Windows 7. At

Customer Question

I had to clear out my Acer computer and reload Windows 7. At that time, I reloaded and set AOL as my home page. However, I can no longer open any email attachments. these are not obscure attachments but some are pdfs. What's happening? I get message to save to downloads, and if I do, I still cannot open them. In fact, the interface page doesn't respond at all. I have no such problems with AOL on my other computer. I would reinstall AOL but I can't find it in the Programs to de-install it first, nor find the right place to go to re-install. Please advise
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot and fix this? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just tell me what to do.

No problem. It would have been easier to fix this remotely as it would have taken less time to do then with instructions. First; download AOL from http://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows and install it. After it has been installed; download Adobe Reader from https://get.adobe.com/reader/ and install it. Once that is done; test if you can open PDFs and let me know here. If not; then tell me what the exact issue is then with the PDF?