Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How do you set-up outlook 2016 windows 7 (imap) to combine 3

Customer Question

how do you set-up outlook 2016 windows 7 (imap) to combine 3 gmail accounts into one inbox?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

In order to do this, you need to setup all of your Gmail accounts as POP3 accounts. This is not possible if you setup the accounts as IMAP.

Have you already added the 3 gmail accounts as POP3 and just want to consolidate the emails to a single Inbox?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct yes-- I have already set the 3 gmail accounts as IMAP--and would simply like to consolidate the emails to a single inbox. Thanks--
Jordan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jordan, thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, like I mentioned, this is not possible if you setup the accounts as IMAP. They need to be POP3 accounts to route the other 2 gmail emails to the first gmail account's Inbox.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I change the to pop 3 accounts? If yes, what's next?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

No. They cannot be changed. You need to remove them first and then add them back. This time you need to select POP instead of IMAP.

Please let me know when you have done it so that I can assist you in the merging process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please take your time.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

How is it going? Were you able to reinstate the Gmail account as POP3?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, how is it going? Were you able to remove the Gmail accounts setup as IMAP and added them back as POP3? It is only with POP3 accounts that you can route the emails to a specific Inbox.

If you need further assistance with this, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess