Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Outlook 2010. How do I turn on the send/receive flag?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Since you are using Outlook 2010, in order to send and receive emails, you just need to click on the Send/Receive button at the far right when you are in the Home tab. Have you tried that already?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that, plus charter tech had me go to for file settings, found IMAP/STMP as .charter.net AND an old Pop3 setting. After removing the Pop3, it appears that the "receive" function was turned off as if it was set to "offline". Haven't been able to find out how to turn the apparent 'turn off all send/receive message flag?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget the phone call, Can I just terminate this?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I only provide online chat support like what we are doing now and remote access support which is better than a phone call. Can we do remote access instead so that I can directly fix your issues while you watch?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

If it is showing that it is WORKING OFFLINE at the bottom, please click on the Send/Receive tab, then click the Work Offline button at the far right to turn it ONLINE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried twice to accept your offer - keep getting that my payment method is invalid - I quit! Sorry to interrupt your day. P.T.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry about the issue with the site. If you want, we can resume with this any time when you are available to have remote session with me.

Thank you very much for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess