Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Google notified me that an unknown device was prevented from

Customer Question

Google notified me that an unknown device was prevented from accessing my account. I changed my password ***** my laptop (macbook pro). It was accepted. I then got a red trianle on my android mobile phone that said to sign in with my password. I have tried and tried to sign in with my new password ***** then with the old one. It is not accepted. I do not want to change my email address as I have no idea who I particularly need to notify of a new email address. How can you solve this problem.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please allow Less secure apps option at the website below and check:

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

- If it says "This setting is not available..." at the above website, then click on the website below:

https://myaccount.google.com/security

, then you can either click on App passwords option and generate a new password ***** order to use on the android mobile device, then check (or you can click on 2-Step Verification option, then turn it off, then check.)

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.