James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I order on line and have done so years. In the past year,

Customer Question

I order on line and have done so for many years. In the past year, stores that I order from for years no longer accepts my email address and the message is: "this is not a valid email address" Then it says the format must be something like this:***@******.***
In other words, a name, @ a company then, .com
This is exactly the format of my email address. Today another long-time merchant would not accept my email address. Do you know what has happened recently with the forms used by merchants which are used to fill in the order with information for billing?
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot wait any longer. I am going home. If you have an intelligent answer regarding this email address problem, let me know by email. Joanne
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joanne, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Most web forms are just using filters for emails to see if it is in the correct format. That is, if the email address has no extra space that breaks it from being a correct email.

Another thing is, if the merchant requires buying visitors to create an account with their store, then when you come and visit that store again, you need to enter the email address you used to register to that store in order to pull out your record and proceed with your purchase.

I noticed that you requested for a phone call. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I can only provide remote access support which is better than a phone call since I can actually see your screen and help you directly in fixing this online forms issue while you watch.

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess