Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My Windows Live Mail can receive mail, but not send mail. My

Customer Question

My Windows Live Mail can receive mail, but not send mail. My e-mail address is***@******.***, and Comcast tells me that all settings for my e-mail account are correct, so it must be a Microsoft problem. Help!
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Was there any change recently to your email or to your computer that may have caused this issue?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error message is that I do not have a valid account that allows sending outgoing mail. I was attempting to change from XFINITY's e-mail program to Windows Live Mail. My operating system is Windows 10, Home, 64 bit. Yes, we can do a remote support session. Thank you.

Thank you. We can schedule a time to do a remote support session; I'm available starting noon pacific time tomorrow. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be available at 1 PM Pacific time today. Thank you.

Are you available now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ab2889c3-15a8-449a-b069-dc5cb65f6dd0

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####

I do live online support. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I accept your offer for on line support. please call me @(###) ###-#### Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, what is the next step?

I do live online support, so there is no need to do phone call; I will just fix the issue on your computer. Here are the steps:

1. Click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/pswfka7

2. Press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on keyboard, then the Downloads window should open

3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I await your instructions.

I already gave the instructions previously. Here they are again:

1. Click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/pswfka7

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cancel my request for assistance.

I'm sorry. Is there any issue?

You've requested phone support, so let me open the issue to another expert who can call you; we guarantee our service. Thank you.