Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Up until late July of 2015 I held a gmail account under the

Customer Question

My name is***** and up until late July of 2015 I held a gmail account under the mikebarry951 user name. Due to personal reasons I closed that account but now have need to re-open it. I understand all old sent/received e-mails and contacts in that account at time of closing are now gone, no way to retrieve those but that's OK, I can accept it.
I've tried simply opening a new account under that same user name but was told it's in use. Highly unlikely somone else is using that so I assume it's your system reserving the name fiir a period of time.
Can you advise if I can re-open***@******.***? Password ***** ***** a problem, I can either uuse my old one or set a new one, unimportant to me.
Please advise. I can be reached at***@******.*** or(###) ###-####
Thank you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, per Google / Gmail's policy, once an account is deleted, it can never be used again. Reference:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

So you would have to create a new gmail account if you need (or create a new yahoo or hotmail or outlook or aol, etc. email address with similar username)

Do you need help with anything else today?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.