Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

As of this morning all of my AOL email is gone? Current

Customer Question

As of this morning all of my AOL email is gone? Current messages, saved messages, and ALL past messages - some of which from several months are very important and I need them badly. Plus, as new mail continues to come in now - its still being automatically wiped away completely. All my aol mail folders are 100% empty. What can I do? I think I have Windows 7, not totally sure?
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

Could you please tell me about the program you use to check your emails? Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, safari, AOL desktop client 9.5 or other, outlook, outlook express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird or other.

Have you checked the Deleted Emails/Trash folder?

Have you configured this email account anywhere else like on your phone or other computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use internet explorerAll emails folders on my aol account are completely wiped clean - all of them?my email is linked to my IPhone too
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Please check Deleted emails/Trash folder once.

Also, check emails on your iPhone? Do you see any folder there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All emails, in all folders were deleted automatically - I'm not sure how else to say it? Can they ALL BE RETRIEVED VIA AOL?
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Please follow the steps:

A.

Log in to your AOL account by vising www.aol.com

Open the "Recently Deleted" folder, which is on the left panel of the "Mail" window. If you find your deleted emails message there,Check the box next to the message you want to recover by clicking once inside the box.

Click the "Restore" button.

If you do not find emails under Recently Deleted folder, then, please do the following:

order to try to recover lost emails:

Visit this website:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva

Click Download Latest version(4.02 MB) on the right hand side and then download, install it and run it.

It will find the deleted emails and help you recover them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sandy - I called AOL and they took care of it for me. Is this service a one-time charge, or a monthly service / fee? I only wanted it to be one-time help. Please advise??
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad to know that issue is fixed now. I suggest you to change your AOL account password ***** regular intervals.

Also configure your AOL account with any email client (POP settings) to back up your emails.

It is only one time. If you face any other issue, please reply back to me anytime here.

Please remember to rate by choosing stars and then click submit. Thank you, ***** *****