Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Trying to search yahoo email I type in one letter and throws

Customer Question

Trying to search yahoo email I type in one letter and throws me out to home page
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. What's your Mac OS X version, i.e., 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iPad OS 9.0.2
Thank you. Do you use yahoo email in the Safari app? Or in the Mail app? Or in another app? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mail app

Thank you. Did you try shutting down / restarting the iPad first: Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check?

If that does not work, when did this issue first occur?

Was there any change recently to your iPad (such as updating to iOS version 9, etc.) that may have caused this issue?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to reboot, shut down my iPad . This occurred when I upgraded my OS to 9.0.2

Sorry, can you go to Settings -> Mail, contacts, calendar, then tap on your yahoo account, then delete account and confirm

, then tap on Add account option, then select Yahoo option, then sign in your yahoo account, and check?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it 3x s it does not work and my yahoo account does not appear just my cloud w/ yahoo id

Sorry, please go to Settings -> Mail, contacts, calendar, then tap on your yahoo email address, and delete account, and do not add it again

, then open App Store, then type/search for yahoo mail

, then download / install the Yahoo Mail app, then open Yahoo Mail app, and sign in your yahoo email and see if you can use your email fine in Yahoo Mail app.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it again yahoo email name then password ***** starts to think about it then just throws me out

1. Go to Settings -> Mail, contacts, calendar, then tap on your yahoo email address, and delete account if possible.

2. Reboot the iPad again.

3. Download the Yahoo Mail app in App Store, then use the Yahoo Mail app and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bon that did not work. Was I suppose to add my yahoo in again, settings, mail etc. it

No, don't add in Settings -> Mail, contacts, calendar.

Do not open the Mail app.

Can you open app called Yahoo Mail, then let me know what you see in it?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It brings me to my inbox. I received this noteYour Yahoo account bnjk2244 was just used to sign in on iOS. However it still is Not added

Don't need it to be added. Can you use your email in Yahoo Mail app? Can you search in Yahoo Mail app? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can use my email... Cannot search

When you search in Yahoo Mail app (not in Mail app), what happens? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in the mail app.. Just tried again no luck

No. DO NOT open the Mail app. Can you please open the app called Yahoo Mail app and check in Yahoo Mail app only? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going thru yahoo mail app only ... When the app opens it goes to my mail and on the very top it give me option
Back to App Store

Reboot the iPad, then open Yahoo Mail app, then does it let you search in Yahoo Mail app? Thank you.

Don't go to my page, but go to option "My Questions" at the top at the JustAnswer.com website (log in first if needed), then click on your question there. Or click on the "View Answer" link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in order to get back to me at this web page.

- Can you go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings, then check.

- If that does not work, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Content and Settings, then download / install Yahoo Mail app from App Store, then use Yahoo Mail app and check.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

- If that does not work, please open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer, then connect the iPad to the computer with the USB cable, then in the iTunes program on the computer, use the Restore / reset option and restore the iPad as new and check.

If needed, download / install the iTunes program at the Apple website below on the computer first, then connect the ipad to the computer and restore:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If all fails, please do the followings:

1. Open the iTunes program on your computer.
  2. Press & hold the Power button on the iPad until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to turn off.
  3. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  4. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.

- If needed, please watch the video instruction at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

Please reply at the box below on this web page only in order to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.