Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My wife has a new gmail account but cannot gain access. Her

Customer Question

My wife has a new gmail account but cannot gain access. Her old mac.com account is gone. She does not know her gmail password. At every step, she's asked for a password ***** we can't do anything. Would it help to be able to actually talk to a living human being?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Has she actually ever used this gmail account before for sending or receiving emails?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has never used it. How could she! We went to use it this morning but gmail asked permission to send things to her email account. Pretty dumb since we signed up for it. But then when we said yes, it wanted a password, and so the circle begins. I signed up for the phone call. Where is it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I work online here, but can take over your computer if you wish and we fix it this way.

Would you prefer this or continue here? If so, please accept the offer and I can connect to your computer and fix this directly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to talk to a living human being. Get me someone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am a human being.

Simplest is if you have never used the account, and you forgot what password ***** set, then just create a new account and note the password ***** to avoid this.

To create an account is free, and you can do so on my link below

https://accounts.google.com/signup

Then keep the password ***** a safe place and use this account moving forward.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set up a new account, with a new @gmail address and a new password, but it keeps asking me for the address and the password. I can't get past that to the actual email. This is not fun! Not everybody is an electrical engineer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what exactly is asking for the address and password ***** your computer?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first time I have ever dealt with Google's customer service. It says it can't set up the Remote arrangement and I have to go to My Account. I have no idea where that is.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I think its best I take direct control of your computer and fix this

Click this link, click I Agree and run the file that is downloaded please

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=602e32b3-5250-4c4a-90f6-e7b0dbdca657

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see "I Agree" anywhere. I do see "Accept this Offer" for Remote Desktop farther up. I previously clicked that and, as I said, it told me it couldn't do it now. I do see that link "just answer...." and can click on that.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, the Link I just gave, the blue text, you click that please

I put it above this sentance.