Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have 2 Yahoo7 email accounts. One is a very old Yahoo7

Customer Question

I have 2 Yahoo7 email accounts. One is a very old Yahoo7 email account that I haven't used for a long time. I tried it today and had to change the password ***** my desktop computer couldn't seem to cope with the 600 and more emails in that account. I've now changed to my laptop and Yahoo7 does not recognise the email address which at all. Why is this? I would simply like to clear all the unwanted mail. The address is:***@******.***
The Yahoo7 account that does work is***@******.***
Thank you
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issue. How long have you NOT accessed this problem Yahoo7 account? Or approximately when was the last time that you accessed this problem account? Few months ago?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is probably more like 2 or 3 years since I access this account.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. In your old computer, how do you access these 2 Yahoo7 accounts? Were you using an email program like MS Outlook 2007 or 2010? Or were you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response, Jess.
I use Internet Explorer. Both my computers are now reasonably new. Laptop runs Windows 7 and desktop has Windows 8.1
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your Windows computer so that I can directly fix the email problem and try the recovery options available for your account, while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, I'm afraid I'm very busy at the moment and don't have the time to devote to remote access, though I realise that that solution would be much easier. Is there anything else we can try that I can do when it's convenient for me?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back and I respect your decision regarding remote access.

The very first thing that you can try is to use your web browser and then go to http://mail.yahoo.com and then try to sign in using the problem account. If you forgot the password ***** type a random password ***** then tell me what exactly is the error message that you got so that from there I can check if the account is still recoverable.

If the error says something like the password ***** ***** then there is some chance of recovery. But if the error is saying something that the account does not exist, it means that the problem email account has been deactivated by Yahoo due to a very long time of inactivity. In this case the account cannot be recovered and all your emails and contacts previously stored there were deleted as well.

Please let me know your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hahaha, yesterday my account was not recognised by Yahoo. Today Yahoo does recognise it. I can't work out why. Same account name, same password. So now all is good.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. You've been extremely helpful.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back with that information and I am glad that you are now able to access the problem account.

I believe you used or have setup an email client for the problem account in the old computer so even though you did not actually login or access that account using the web browser, you were still signed in each time you opened the email client since it is designed to check emails automatically. It is good to know that you are now able to access it.

I suggest then that you secure the account by adding your security information there like your alternate email address and your mobile number so that recovery in the future will be easy and smooth.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively if it helped. Tips are always highly appreciated.

If you need assistance in the future, please let me know any time so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess