flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

My other email account at imap.postoffice.net will not set

Customer Question

My other email account at imap.postoffice.net will not set up with the connected account option on the outlook web app. Has anyone experienced this or know a work around for this with office 365 while connecting their external email address.
One of the error messages read this:
A communication error has occurred and we can't access your account. The
server returned the unrecognized response OK IMAP4revI ca231097 04490t60g3
server ready for
the command.'
thanks for any help one can provide.
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This may be a security issue.

Who is the account provider?

What type of device are you trying to set up the email account on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a windows 7 laptop, and i also tried it from my windows 8.1 desktop at work. The email account i use is provided by usa.net and their server is postoffice.net which i believe is owned by Silver sky. My other account of course is with Microsoft. Which, allows you to set up a maximum of 5 email addresses to your existing office 365 exchange account using imap or pop.
I have no problem setting it up on the desktop client...Outlook. But, i would like to connect it to the 365 web account online. It gives me so much more options to run it through exchange.
I have spoken with techs on both sides and after hours of trying different ways (including a 3way conversation with them both) they have no idea what to other than just to set up forwarding. With forwarding, i lose the 'Send as' privilege.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, this is very unusual... let me see if the other experts have any idea on a workaround for this.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

sorry that was for another question. I googled yours and the only thing i could find on that error was somebody trying to use a postoffice.net account with outlook 365 it might have been you.