Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I cannot get into my windows live mail. I have tried to

Customer Question

I cannot get into my windows live mail. I have tried to reset it but is not letting me in. I have many email files saved in this program so I reallyneed in.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

When did you first start having this issue with Windows Live Mail?

May I connect remotely to check the issue now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saturday I had to reboot twice to get in and then on Sunday it would not let me in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can let youconnect
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7662c34f-bae4-4792-8691-d47cafe98bf4

Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.

If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.

Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

If you are having any issues with downloading/running the remote file as requested in my above reply, please make sure to reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to start computer it will take a few minutes
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK, are you currently replying to me from a different computer/device? If so, let me know and I'll provide you with a shortened link to open up on the affected computer instead. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on my iPad. My brother in law is in another location on computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, please open up the following shortened remote link on the affected computer, and follow directions to download and run the remote file:

www.tinyurl.com/nj66gw3

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Loading
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Connected now - please tell your brother in law to reply back to me on the chat box on the screen; thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One minute
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for the remote session. This is a tricky one; looks like a specific Windows 7 update (KB2670838) caused Windows Live Mail to break, but we are not able to uninstall the update now since you upgraded to Windows 10 itself.

Let me forward your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist further; please do not rate until your issue has been resolved. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I go back to windows 7 can we solve the problem?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, yes we can try; I was just about to suggest that as well. Do you know the steps to roll back to Windows 7? If not, I'll provide you with the steps now. Do keep me posted.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

To roll back your Windows 10, please go to your PC Settings by clicking on the Start button at the bottom-left, and then clicking Settings.

It will open the PC Settings. Select Update and Security. Here, you will see options like Windows Update, Activation, Backup, Recovery and Windows Defender. Click on Recovery.

Next, click on Go back to Windows 7. Follow the on-screen directions. Once the rollback process is completed, your PC will automatically be booted into your previous version of Windows.

Once it's done, please let me know and I'll set up another remote session and assist accordingly. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother in law had to leave so it will need to be later. Can you send the steps
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

I have sent the directions to roll back in my above reply; please carry them out at your convenience, and update me accordingly. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not seeing the steps in earlier reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do that from our remote connection
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

No issues, I have re-posted my reply now, as follows:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the process of restoring windows 7 on my computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B Rath Windows 7 is now restored on my computer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Please accept my apologies for the brief delay. May I set up another remote session to check the issue now?

Keep me posted.