Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I downloaded windows 10 into my laptop yesterday and now

Customer Question

I downloaded windows 10 into my laptop yesterday and now micrososft won't let me use my password. I can't get into anything. I don't remember my account number or name or user name. I didn't write it down ownly my password ***** email address. Ineed help
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. How did you try to reset your account?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?

Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen? If yes, do you currently have access to that email address?

Do you have another working windows or mac computer or tablet or smartphone?

Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My lap top doesn't show anything I'm using our other computor
Shut down the laptop, then turn it back on, then let me know what you see.
Does your other computer have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the lap top off all night. When I turned it on today the samething came on it wanted my microsoft pass word when I typed it in it said it was not right and to goto account.live.com to fix it. This computor is a windows 7 the same as what my lap top was before the down load
Thank you. It should show an email address at the screen on the Windows 10 compute right? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get past the login
I know that you cannot get past the login, but at the login, do you see an email address? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
That's strange. It says go to account.live.com, then it should also show an email address. Please click on the Power icon at the bottom right at the login screen, then click on Restart, then let me know if you see an email address when it comes back up. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only email address is Barb Schneck ***@******.***

1. Does it show that aol email address at the login of the windows 10 computer's screen?
2. Do you see the power icon at the bottom right of the windows 10 computer's screen?
3. Is it okay to reset the windows 10 computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it shows that email address on the windows 10 screen and yes I see the power icon on the right on the bottom. Yes it is okay to reset the windows 10 computor fresh so I can re set it up fresh like brand new with new pass word. Thank you

You're welcome. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- On your working windows 7 computer, go to the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next

,then in the Microsoft account box, enter the email address as shown on the problem windows 10 computer

, then enter the characters as shown on the page

, then click on Next and continue following the instructions there in order to reset the password

, then try that password ***** the problematic windows 10 computer.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, or you can just reset the computer, please do the following steps:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
    When prompted, select the option "Remove everything", and continue.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.