Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

As I have been doing email, I have used Netscape and then

Customer Question

For as long as I have been doing email, I have used Netscape and then Thunderbird. All my set up and files are on Thunderbird. Now my internet service provider has changed to a different handling format and I cannot send email. It looks like they are IMAP rather than POP and my old version of Thunderbird does not offer the IMAP option. I see that a newer version of Thunderbird does offer the IMAP option. I am a email user and not a computer whiz. If I download the newer version of Thunderbird, will it transfer my old files and contacts and guide me thru the steps to get me going again? I like Thunderbird very much and am not interested in learning a new email system and format.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to receive emails fine?
Is there any error or message when sending an email message?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can receive emails but cannot send them. When trying to send I get the following error message. Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) newwavecomm.net is unknown. The server may be incorrectly configured. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again. I cannot reply by email so will need to use phone. (###) ###-####

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already given my credit card for the $5 deposit, $37 for help answering my question by email which I explained in the beginning I can not do. That is my problem. Now you want $20 for a phone answer and access to my computer. And more per month for other questions. I think not. No thank you!

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. Phone option and monthly support subscription are only optional. This is a one-time support session per you request. I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue without any additional cost at all. Can we start now? Please let me know. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at he box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Windows 7.
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4cd048f0-9a20-4048-879f-d66c2d7b3406
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tapped the agreement to let you access my computer and got a message that Safari failed.

Let's click on the new website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://connect.teamviewer.com
Then download / run the file called TeamViewerQS...
Then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide in the TeamViewer program.
Do not close the TeamViewer program.