Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I lost my hard drive last Sunday (have a backup from the

Customer Question

Hello:
I lost my hard drive last Sunday (have a backup from the previous Sunday -- no real data loss), have a new system and I am trying to get Thunderbird up and running with my previous email accounts and profiles. I have been online looking for answers and cannot find one that works when I implement the steps described.
Thanks
Mark Sejman
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Just to clarify, did Thunderbird not recognize the old profile when setting it up using the Profile Manager?

May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with the issue?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will be fine.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a5c4f623-e783-4d31-8226-4e487f59f6a8

Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.

If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.

Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the remote session. I'll forward your question to our other experts now, who can assist further; you will be automatically notified by email once another expert picks this up.

Please do not rate until your issue has been resolved. Thank you.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason