Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  Systems Administrator
58973002

I'm not locked out officially of my gmail account, but I

Customer Question

Hi there... I'm not locked out officially of my gmail account, but I can't access it. My phone was taken by somebody I needed to remove from my life. He changed my password, (enabled 2step verification on my phone he took)I tried to recover it by answering their identity questions. By the time Google got back to me about my request, all they said in that email was that they can see that I had been able to access my account recently, and that if I needed further assistance to reply to that email. I did, twice, separately, 2 request processes! Nothing back to on that. I disconnected my cell service until I got a replacement phone, didn't want to change my phone number yet though, figuring that is my key to accessing and verifying ownership. By its time he now has changed my 2 step verification to an email that I don't have a clue about! My phone isn't an option any longer! So frustrated especially when I'm told that I've accessed my account and haven't, and this horrible person is allowed to invade my privacy and do who knows what with all my personal content. And they don't consider drivers license to be acceptable in verifying my identity! Wow!!! Help?!
Category: Email
Expert:  toughguy9 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. This is Leela and I will help you with the question today.

If you donot know the answers to security questions then you wont be able to LOGIN to your account unless you get the phone number in order to do phone verification.

I guess the other person should have changed the 2 step verification process when your phone was active.

I am afraid you may loose access to the account if you donot have anyway to RECOVER the account as you wont know the password.

Thanks,

Leela

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What's the email address?