Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Came from AOL Technical Support

Customer Question

Came from AOL Technical Support
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Could you provide further details about your issue, please? Is this related to an earlier question posted regarding an email notification you received for updating your billing info?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, I looked up the info you provided, and this specific email seems to have been sent by scammers and NOT AOL - they send these types of phishing emails to unsuspecting AOL users to trick them into logging on to a page that looks like from AOL, and then gain access to their account details this way. Please DISREGARD any further emails that you receive like this, in the future.

Now, in order to make sure that your account is not compromised in any way yet, please change your AOL account password ***** following the given steps:

Open up the following link:

http://account.aol.com/

Sign in to your account, when prompted. Next, answer your Account Security Question.

If you forgot the answer to your Security Question, click Forgot Answer on the Security Question page to reset it.

Click Change Your Password in the General Account Information section.

Enter your Old Password, and your desired New Password. Re-enter your new password ***** confirm. Click Save to finish the process.

That's it - your account can now be accessed using only the new password ***** created.

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!