Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

I need to check if a phone number shown on a virus message

Customer Question

I need to check if a phone number shown on a virus message is a genuine microsoft tech no. It is(###) ###-####(Austalia) When I questioned the person who answered he said he was microsoft support tech Peter Ron and gave me the number(###) ###-####to check if his information was authentic. Please help as I need to get rid of this virus
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it is fixed.

Please reply at the box given below and type your queries/result at the box given below.

No, it is a spam message. It is not Microsoft number. I suggest you not to call them as they will later charge you big amount of money.

You can remove these fake messages free of cost.

Some hidden malware/spyware/adware could be causing this issue:

I suggest you to scan your computer using free version of Super anti-spyware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares and viruses from the computer.

Note: If you already have installed Anti-virus programs like Norton, mcafee, CA, kaspersky on the computer, still I suggest you to download and install Super anti-spyware as the Anti-virus program does not remove Malwares/adwares/spywares effectively.

You can download the free version using the link given below:

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Please run quick scan to complete the scan in 10-15 minutes.

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Also, I can help you over remote session. Please let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Sandy

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other query, please reply back to me at the box given below.

Please remember to rate by choosing stars at the top of the screen then click submit.

Thank you, Sandy