sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I am unable to get my gmail inbox personal mail on my Smart

Customer Question

I am unable to get my gmail inbox personal mail on my Smart Phone. I have gone through all of the steps with Gmail and with Consumer Cellular. They are unable to solve the problem and said to call Google.
My daughter signed into my gmail on the computer and now I can't get rid of her gmail account from my computer. She does not live with me and only checked her mail when she was here one time. Is there any connection?
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay.
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean, you do not get any mail on your phone or only some mails are skipped ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an aol.account that I would like to get get rid of. I have not received email on that account either since Sept. 3rd. I successfully changed my password ***** that day to that account. I set up the gmail account and was told it was successful as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I talked with Aol tech support at the time. I was told to contact Consumer Cellular. He couldn't solve the problem either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Motorola ID was set up on Sept 12. I eliminated about that time the original gmail address that was set up several months ago but I never used it. I deleted that account but I still get the message on the front of my phone that says "internal error. Unable to locate Janelaw.aw) the first email that shouldn't be there anymore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone says I have two new gmail messages but they do not appear in the inbox.

Do you see the gmail app icon on your phone, please remember the email app and gmail app are two different apps. If you are opening the Email app then, you will not see the emails.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you mean. I click on the white envelope with the red border.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get rid of the email that is in my daughter's name. LIke it is an account on my computer. It is a gmail account. Also, am i not clicking on the white envelope when I want my email on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I bring up all of the icons at the start, what am I clicking on?

So, do you want to solve the problem with the computer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First, what do I click on the phone if I am not clicking on the white envelope with the red trim?

What is written below that app, is it "Gmail" ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Second, yes, I would like to solve the prob of removing my daughter's gmail account from my computer when using the Chrome browser. It's not there with Firefox browser. And yes gmail is written under the white and red envelope.

OK, when you open the Gmail app from your phone, are you able to see any emails listed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are there now. What did you do?

It seems the app started to sync the emails from the server and you can see them. Now, tell me if you are replying me from the chrome browser or Firefox browser ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did something that should have happened to begin with when I first set up gmail. Yes i want to answer the computer question.

OK, open gmail from chrome browser and reply me back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. will I lose you since we are talking using Firefox on my computer? I will have to switch to Chrome.

No, do not close firefox, just open gmail from chrome and reply me back from firefox.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.

Here is a video link, just watch it for the steps to logout from the gmail account. Please let me know the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUGPRNt3ryA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened gmail using the chrome browser and it was my daughters email inbox with the full listing of her mail, her picture, etc.

Follow the steps from the link below to log out from her account and let me know the result.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8154?hl=en

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do my best to follow the steps.

Those are two easy steps. Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating below, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on the link and I could not follow the instructions because I am still on Firefox and I have to go to Chrome. I wrote down the link so I can switch to Chrome and type it in and then click on her pcicture. Right?

Click on her picture and then click on Signout to log out from the account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I did that and it disappeared.

What disappeared ?

Hi, are you able to log out from your daughter's email account ?