James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Aol recently advised getting a new password due to recent gh

Customer Question

aol recently advised getting a new password ***** to recent high activity. I was able to get it done on my desktop thanks to a long session with your rep. I then changed my I-pad after several tries. Have been unable to change my smartphone. After many tries being advised that I had the wrong screename or PW, was advised that the password ***** the existing password ***** I had so much trouble installing and advised I would have to start the whole process over which I do not want to undertake. I am currently not receiving aol on my phone(since 9/6/15). I want to use the same (new) password ***** all devices.
Edward XXXX
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is your AOL email currently working fine on the desktop computer?
What's the model of your smartphone?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 10?
Is your aol email address and aol email password ***** working at the www.aol.com website on the computer (and/or in Safari on the iPad and/or in internet on the smartphone)?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone: not sure. Motorola recent vintage, not top of line. Windows 7. email address working O.K. on desktop and ipad. Not working on smartphone(since 9/6/15).
1. On the computer or iPad, go to the website www.aol.com then are you able to sign in your aol email address with your aol email password *****?
2. On the motorola phone, go to the website www.aol.com in the Internet app(or Browser app), then are you able to sign in your aol email address with your aol email password *****?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
motorola phon won't log on. aol.com message says "not found". Had to go to google to even get aol.com.
Press and hold the power on/off button on the on the phone, then select the Restart option and confirm.
Is the internet currently working on the phone?
Can go to the website www.aol.com on the phone right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
internet is working on the phone. can't go to aol.com except by google. can use icon, but unable to open or use. will be unable to continue until tomorrow.

If the internet is working on the phone, then you should be able to go to any website such as google.com or yahoo.com or aol.com etc. on the phone.

Please test this: On your iPad, open Safari application, then go to the website www.aol.com on the iPad, then there, see if you are able to sign in your aol email address with your aol email password.

Please get back to me tomorrow to continue. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't work. Your most recent email(after this one), when I click on "view my answer" I get the message "This page can't be displayed". Am about to again throw in the towel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears you have given up on my case as well.
I'm sorry. You are able to view this web page, so you can communicate here. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help confirming your AOL email account password ***** through your computer together with you, then you can enter it on the phone later? Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.