Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I sent really hurtful email to my ex, but I hope he blocked

Customer Question

I sent really hurtful email to my ex, but I hope he blocked my Google account and never got it.
Can you check and see if my***@******.*** was blocked from receiving emails to ***@******.*** Please! this is very important
Basically my question is if you can check that my google account was blocked by anybody?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. To answer your question, unfortunately, there is NO way of knowing if you are blocked by your ex's Hotmail account. In fact, there is NO way of knowing if anybody has blocked your Gmail account. The main reason for this is because, when an email account like your ex's Hotmail blocked your incoming emails from your Gmail account, Hotmail will simply delete your email without moving or sending a copy to the Inbox or Trash folder so the email account owner does not see the email you sent. It is actually deleting your incoming email without storing any trace of it in the receiver's email account. And in this process, Gmail will not be notified so as a Gmail user, you will NOT know if the email was blocked.

What can be tested or checked is IF the email you sent was read or not. But that must be done before you SEND the email message. Since it was already sent, there is NO way of adding a request to it -- a read receipt request so there is no way to know if the email was indeed received and read or not.

At this point you have placed a deposit. I only receive credit for my time and expertise on the matter if you rate positively (3 to 5 stars/smileys).

It is up to you if you wish to credit me for my time or not. Your deposit is refundable should you choose you do not want to pay. Please DO NOT rate me negatively (1 to 2 stars/faces) if you want to get a refund. You can leave my answer unrated.

Here is the information on refunding:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Again I am very sorry if this is not the answer you wish to hear and I truly hate to be the bearer of this bad news. But unfortunately this is the truth on how emailing works and I just have to provide you the fact and non-biased information on the matter.

I hope I at least shed some light on the situation a bit for you and saved you some time.

Thanks,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you make the " read" future? how to put it on?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back. Regarding the method of knowing if your email was read or not, this varies depending on HOW you access or send/receive your emails in Gmail.

If you are using an email program like MS Outlook 2007 or later, it will be a built in feature that you will just turn on.

However, if you are using a web browser like internet explorer or Chrome, your options are very limited.

Now, for me to give you detailed and step-by-step procedures for this, please tell me how do you send/receive emails in your Gmail? Are you using an email program like MS Outlook? Or are you using a web browser? If you are using a web browser, what browser is it? Is it Chrome or Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Jess