IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I get a critical error message when I click on my startup

Customer Question

I get a critical error message when I click on my startup menu. It tells me start
menu is not working. We'll try to fix it.next time you log in
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

To confirm, the problem you are experiencing is present on your Windows 10 computer, or on another computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I updated to win 10
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

It looks like Windows 10 upgrade didn't go well. There is a way to access the repair options and refresh the Windows 10 installation while keeping the personal data intact. It is one of the repair options that can be accessed without the Windows 10 disc. I am sure it will solve the problem with the Start Menu.

Here are the instructions on how to refresh the Windows 10 installation:

1. First, go to the Windows 10 logon screen. To do that, just restart the computer

2. Once you see the logon screen, do not select your user name or type anything, but look in the bottom right corner of the logon screen. You should see 3 icons. If you don't see any icons, then just click anywhere on the logon picture and then check again

3. Click on the power icon and then press and hold down the Shift key, and while still holding, click on Restart

4. Continue to hold down the Shift key until you see the Choose an option screen

5. On that screen, click on Troubleshoot

6. On the next screen, click on Reset this PC

7. On the next screen, click on Keep my files

8. The computer will restart. Follow the instructions to proceed with the reset. It will take up to 30 minutes to finish. That process will rebuild the current Windows 10 installation while keeping the personal files. Some programs may be uninstalled in order to complete the process. If the original problem is gone, you can re-install those programs.

If you encounter problems, I am here to help you further.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Let me know,