Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I got an email from google yesterday (Saturday) saying that

Customer Question

I got an email from google yesterday (Saturday) saying that it looked like someone was trying to access my account. I didn't see anything wrong at the time, so I didn't do anything. Then, not much later, I tried to get onto my email & many things were wrong! Some guy designated himself was a partner in a joint account, everything in the formatting looked different, etc.
I was in L.A. this past weekend (home in Portland OR now), using a laptop & not the desktop I'm on now, which seems fine. In L.A. I tried to use their free computer in the lobby to get boarding passes & I think this is where the problem began.
What should I do? --Nancy LaPaglia,***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. I believe your email account was compromised and the hacker used your account to exploit your contacts. But before anything else, can you please confirm if you are still able to sign in or login to your account without any problem?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess