Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I got an email saying i got picked to win 750.000 dollars.

Customer Question

I got an email saying i got picked to win 750.000 dollars . They wanted my address and
information. Is this true or fake?
Tim Buckley
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

This email is 100% fake and is what is known as a "phishing" email. Basically they will send this email out to millions of people hoping someone provides their personal information. This is how accounts get hacked and identities are stolen. Do not reply to this email or click on any links within the email, simply delete it. These are very common scams, here is some more information on them you can read if you're interested http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0086-international-lottery-scams

As I said though, this email is 100% fake and you just need to delete it. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Thanks,

Chris