Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I'm being hacked 24 hours a day thru my POP3, which I 't

Customer Question

I'm being hacked 24 hours a day thru my POP3, which I don't need. Can I disable POP3 and still get email on my home computer? How do I disable POP3? Many thanks, ***** ********@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You cannot disable pop3 sorry else you would not be able to check your emails, but we can enable additional security to stop any hacking.

First, how do you access hotmail, via your webbrowser?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,