Richard Hall
Richard Hall, Server and client Support all platforms
Experience:  Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Contracting Serv.
77993500

I want to keep 3 months worth of emails in my inbox least 4

Customer Question

I want to keep 3 months worth of emails in my inbox for at least 4 months, but they disappear after 1 month. How do I fix that?
Category: Email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a gmail account, but my address is @islandpacificmortgage.com. When I go to account settings, change, it does NOT give me an advanced setting option, it just indicates personal folders with the name and the option to change password ***** compact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a gmail account, but my address is @islandpacificmortgage.com. When I go to account settings, change, it does NOT give me an advanced setting option, it just indicates personal folders with the name and the option to change password ***** compact. I want to keep at least 3, preferably 4 months in my inbox on outlook, but it disappears after 1 month, so I always have to go to gmail online to look-up older emails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question, I have a rule to cc my assistant on every email I send out. However, I want her email to appear on the cc line, in case it is not pertinent to her, I can just delete her from the cc line on the few emails I don't need to have her on. I know this can be done, as it was once set-up that way, but now it only cc's her after I hit send, so I don't ever have the option to remove her before I hit send.
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** can work on one issue at time.

Can you first tell me which outlook version you are using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007.

Are you using an IMAP connection for your mail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure. How do I determine that.

Ok. well, I could remote in to your machine if that would be of assistance. We can do this together while you watch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK

Great. Just follow these instructions, takes about 5 minutes:

1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com
2. Click Download for private use.
3. Once the file is downloaded execute the file to begin program installation.
4. Choose Basic Installation Next to 'How do you want to Proceed'.
5. Choose Personal/Non-Commercial Use, when it asks how you are going to use Teamviewer.
6. Click Accept Finish to complete Installation.

Once the program launches, on the left it will say User ID and Password *****
Please provide me that information and I will be able to login remotely.

Once it is installed, you will have a user id and password, which I will use to access your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 200 522 729
PW 9902

Great. One moment. We will fix the cc issue first and then the retention policy for your emails.

I'll see you in a moment.

Disconnected on me. This is using an smtp connection. And there are some settings in Outlook 2007. That should be showing up but are not. Thus the delay. My apologies.

We are going to run a search for all PST files on the machine you are using. Those emails had to have went somewhere. I am going to attempt that approach before trying a mass download.

I think that is the most prudent approach at this point. Like I said, they were on your machine at one time, so perhaps we are missing an archive folder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,I think my inbox is fixed, but I now my sent box is only keeping about a week or two worth of emails. Can I get that to last a month as well?Thank you.

Sure. It should have applied when I applied the prior settings, but I can check that to make sure.

Just let me know when will be good for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
It is not fixed. Today I went into my inbox and it now has only one month's worth of emails. yesterday there were more than that, but they disappeared, keeping only one month's worth. And my sent box only has only one weeks worth, no matter what I do. I need to work on my computer today, but will be off of it at 2:00 PM Hawaii standard time.

Ok. I am available to do so. I just need the Teamviewer ID and Pass and let me know what time available.

Rich

I've setup a virtual machine that recreates your settings outlook 2007 and all.

So we should be able to get everything tweaked to work just the way you want it.