Don Williams
Don Williams,
Experience:  Network Support Technician at McKeesport Area School District
77782806

I use my computer at two locations, each with its own

Customer Question

I use my computer at two locations, each with its own domain. Have to use web mail for second location . want to add Windows Live Mail at that location.
Category: Email
Expert:  Don Williams replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning. My name is ***** ***** I will see if we can get this sorted out for you. I understand that you want to use Windows Live Mail at on one computer? Do you have a windows live mail account already set up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have live mail at home location, this is second one location, had internet explorer on both locations, was changed to live mail at home location, roadrunner.com. second location is cable vision Don't know if that qualifies as an account

I am not sure that I understand what you are asking. Internet Explorer are internet browswers. Roadrunner and Cable Vision are internet service providers. If you want to use Windows Live Mail, you have to have an account through Microsoft. We can do a remote session and perhaps then you can show me what you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I had outlook express for email, which was changed to Live Mail when I was back at my first location. I have to use web mail . I need to have live mail at this location.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can receive the roadrunner email but can't send. Have to open email here on the web.

Ok. I have offered a remote session. I will need to see what is going on with sending the mail. Let me know when/if you accept the additional services offered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does remote session entail?

It allows me to view your screen and make changes to the computer that you are using. After the session is closed, any access that I had to your computer is completely severed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to understand, you will not have access to files on hard drive or flash drives.

Which mail client are you using while trying to receive mail at the second location?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the web mail option that is on the optimum home page

OK. Gotcha. I can provide the settings that outlook or live mail will need for the cablevision email without accessing your computer. Do you want to try that first?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
accessing computer is better, right?

It is better, but will cost more as I will have more resources taken up by your question. I can give you a link to information found on Optimum and you can give it a shot. If you go to http://optimum.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2397 you will see everything that you need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
additional cost is acceptable. With me, if anything can go wrong it will

I know that feeling, really. You should have received an email with an additional service offer. Please check and let me know if you received it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is worth it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did receive it

Ok. Somewhere in that email you should see a place to accept the offer of additional service. Once you do that, we can get this finished up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where they got BHBT I used bank of america card, not BHBT.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BHBT is my checking account, I would never use it for this

OK. I am going to send you a link for the remote session. You can accept the additional services after you straighten out your billing information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I do that?

When you signed up for the service through JustAnswer.com you had to put in billing information and create an account correct? I would go through the options on your just answer account and make sure everything is correct. For the current situation, please go to http://logmein123.com and use PIN 599785. The site will notify you that I am using a trial version which is correct until Tuesday when the purchase order will be processed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Web page not available

Try http://www.logmein123.com

That session key I gave you is going to expire in 2 minutes. Are you still interested in me assisting you or did the link I provided earlier solve your issue?

Good Morning. If my answer was able to help you, please accept it so I can get paid. THank you.