Please follow these steps:
On the iPad, go to Settings and then:
1. In then "Settings", please choose "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
2. Select your email account.
3. Select "Advanced", located at the bottom of the list.
4. Select the "Delete from server option" and choose the minimum possible time given there.
5. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
If this does not fix the issue:
1. Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then delete the email account.
2. Reboot your iPad.
3. Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Add Account and then reconfigure the email account.
Keep me posted.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.