Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Today Windows Live Mail deleted all my sent and deleted

Customer Question

Today Windows Live Mail deleted all my sent and deleted emails. My inbox kept filling up with emails from another source (inbox, deleted or sent items). What happened? Will this happen again?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Which version of Windows are you using? Did the folders just vanish, or did you delete them, move them, or was there a simple fault?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using Windows 7. Recently I tried Windows 10, but went back to Windows 7 within a few hours. The emails just disappeared, I did not delete them.

Thank you for the update. When the upgrade to Windows 10 is installed, it can cause a whole host of problems. This is one of those problems that may have several different culprits.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to pay another fee.

I understand. The extra fee exists because the remote will take a lot of my time. It will be the last fee. Without being able to analyze your system via the remote, it will take 10 or 15 more time longer to analyze the problem before fixing it. How do you wish to continue?

-