Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I'm having a really difficult time after forgetting my

Customer Question

I'm having a really difficult time after forgetting my password. All other browsers make it simple and Yahoo used to also. Can you help me? I have a fantasy leadue draft later on Yahoo, but I can't get in to even view my mail.
David Rubino
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Have you attempted to complete the password ***** procedure? What stopped you from completing this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course, let me try again and let you know exactly what it does.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I end up on a page that says "your password ***** be reset online".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For security reasons I I need to contact Yahoo Customer Support. A form is then provided to fill in a bunch of info.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, thats the only option left, there is no way around this when you get this response.

But when you fill in the form and really complete it well you can get the option to be called or call.

What was said when you completed the form?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not complete the form thinking it would be a long procedure , perhaps even a day.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

can be instant, but you have to do the form if you ever want access again to the account.

Fill it in and let me know what happens when you submit please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filled in , it says I will receive an e-mail at one of 2 other addresses that I provided.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, check them now, anything there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email provided an incident number. Then directed me to the forgotten password ***** I was on originally. Since the recovery process does not work, they requested my birthdate and cell #.....I've been through this step before....never getting any further feedback.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, well I will be direct with you, even if your annoyed with me, but when this happens, you will not regain access again. It is just going to go into a loop.

If you set a cell phone for the account they could have sent a code to regain access but this is not possible.

I know you will hate this, but you will have to make a new account.

If this loop happens, you will never get access to it again sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are right, then I agree, I am not happy. I am in a fantasy league with all my history. Without my account , I cannot continue any further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the fantasy league or any other issues. You cannot provide a Yahoo phone # ***** me to contact?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The have no number, none of the big companies do, its not manageable with millions of accounts for a free service.

This is why it is always critical to have recovery options with your account, especially a cell phone as only these automated tools will get you access again.

I know this is bad, but I really ask when you rate me to please understand I am only telling you the situation.

I would much prefer to say do this and you in. I have been doing this 10 years, so if there is a way I would know.

For you its going to be creating a new account. Again I know its a huge frustration but I please ask you don't reflect this on my rating when you do this, if you can.

If you need anything else please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My recovery option of a cell phone has been working for years.....can you explain why it is not working now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The only reason would be it was removed for some reason.

Thats the only reason why they do not offer it