Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am unable to access my Aol new mail inbox they claim it

Customer Question

I am unable to access my Aol new mail inbox for which they claim it was shut down due to suspicious activity
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what happened when you tried to change your password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they requested an alternate email address which I no longer have, they have yet to provide proof of the suspicious activity that they give as a reason to refuse me entry to my emails. At one time I had***@******.*** which is no longer active, therefore I can't get a new password. Anyway you can help would be most appreciated. Lorell
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Lorell

Is there anyway to ge the att.net account active?

Why they have done this is because a hacker tried to access your account, this is why you have this issue. But the att account. Why was it closed or are you able to regain access to this by resetting the password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The account was closed due to lack of use I presume...I attempted on several occasions to renew without success which was about 3 years ago. I signed up for it when I signed up for [email protected] fast service and did not utilize it regularly. All I need is to be able to communicate with my family who are scattered in New Jersey, Honduras, New York and Ft. Lauderdale.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Please do not shoot the messenger with what I am going to tell you.

It is critical that you always keep a working recovery email with your account. The reason is at anytime AOL (or any other email provider) and require you to verify yourself as they are
doing now. As you are not able to complete this, then (and this is serious) you will need to make a new account as you will not be able to regain access to this one.

There is no support by AOL (or any of the large email service providers) as it is a free service and thhey have millions of accounts

I am really sorry but you need to create a new account, and use a recovery email address that is working. It is critical you always ensure that there is a valid email account linked
to it.

You can make a new account for free via my link below

https://i.aol.com/reg/signup?promocode=827692&ncid=txtlnkuswebr00000073

I am really sorry about this, and again ask to take into consideration when rating my service that I can only tell you the reality of the situation.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you