Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I need to recover my lost Hotmail account. I was switched to

Customer Question

I need to recover my lost Hotmail account. I was switched to outlook but it did not combine with Hotmail. I have tax records and other very important emails filed in my Hotmail account and I am desperately in need of those files. HELP
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Are you unable to sign into your Hotmail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get into it any longer. It says it is an invalid account. For months, I was being hacked and after reading Microsoft questions, it seems the Microsoft group might have deleted it and changed me to outlook. I have old email passwords and aliases, which were advised by Microsoft during the hacking. Can you help?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Outlook is the new "Hotmail" so your account wasn't switched at all -- Every email account that was @hotmail is now under Outlook.

I am going to give you steps to a private forum that is checked by Outlook/Hotmail moderators that can assist you in real time.

First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you create the new address do the following..

Go to the following link and click Participate and then click Ask a question on the menu at the top. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can.

Here is the link to the forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your assist! I am getting a message to sign into my outlook account rather than a sign up for a new Hotmail acct. Is that normal?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is normal. You can sign into your Hotmail account through Outlook

Please take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will. Now the form has changed into the support group. So I don't need to start a new Hotmail?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

You will need a Hotmail/Outlook account in order to ask a question on the forum

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. Thanks!
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome!

Thank you in advance for the rating.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you had an issue with rating