Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I cannot access my yahoo email account. I cannot remember

Customer Question

I cannot access my yahoo email account. I cannot remember the password ***** I need to reset it. I need a code to enter so that I can enter the new password. My yahoo id is:dill*********@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

How are you trying to access your yahoo account, through an Iphone, Android phone, Ipad, Or a PC or Mac?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pc. I apologize for the delay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All that I need is a code to enter when I try to enter a new password. I do not have a moble phone.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

On what page is it asking you for a code? How exactly are you getting to that page?

Or by a code.. Do you mean that you actually need a new password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I need to do is create a new password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The question asked is that I enter a code that is supposed to be sent to my moble phone which I do not have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I enter my new password ***** this point and oroceed to my emails?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That word, above, should read proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

The only way you will be able to do so since you do not have a mobile phone. Is to contact yahoo customer care.

To so so, go here. https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=contact

On that page, on the left.. Click hacked accounts. Then click I dont have access to my alternate email.

And t hen click email.

After that, fill out the entire form. Be as thorough as you can. And make sure you have another email address you can give them so the account security team can get back to you after they have reviewed the request.

This is the only way to recover access to your account, since you didnt have your mobile phone added to the account. As frustrating as that is, thats the way yahoo is setup, unfortunately. On a side note. if you do recover your account in the next 3 or 4 days after you fill out that form. Once you regain account access, Id suggest that you use a sibling, or family members cell phone number who you trust, and add it to your account. That way if you ever run into this issue again. You can have a code sent to their phone in order to regain access to your account.

If you have further questions, let me know.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This all sounds confusing and very time consuming. however, I thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

In its simplest form.

You need to click the link I sent you, then on the left click hacked accounts, then in the middle click " I dont have access to alternte email"

Then on the right click email. Then, fill out the form that shows up on screen as best you can. As that form will determine whether you are the account owner.

If you cannot find the form, let me know!

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks a lot.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem. If you have further questions let me know~

( Not trying to spam message you, but its company policy that I send the last reply of each conversation)

Dustin S.