Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

I recently changed from verizon to optimum. I can receive

Customer Question

I recently changed from verizon to optimum. I can receive mail okay in Eudora, but sending mail from Eudora to smtpauth.earthlink.net does not work. What do I do to change the settings so that sending mail will work iwth the right message. Either Eudora does not send a message or the message is corrupted.
Thanks -***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It's very likely that you have one of the settings for your SMTP server which is your outbound email, set incorrectly. They should have given you specific settings for the server for your account. The important settings will be the following: the port number if a special port number is ***** and it probably is in this case. And the security options that you have to configure for example TLS TTS, whether you have to submit the password ***** secure password ***** and whether your username for SMTP should be your entire email address or just the portion before that. You do have to log into the server to send email messages so make sure your email username and password ***** correct in there as well.