Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I've been trying to get into my Hotmail account and I got

Customer Question

I've been trying to get into my Hotmail account and I got this:
:-(
Something went wrong
We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.
X-ClientId: 8MRS - XWRF - XEGU - GNNSXWILRQ
X-OWA-Error: SDServerErr;System.Web.HttpException
X-OWA-Version: 15.1.262.13
X-FEServer: BLUPR13CA0008
X-BEServer: BLUPR13MB0449.namprd13.prod.outlook.com
Date: 2015-08-27 10:07:49 PM
Can you decipher this...whatever language it's in...for me? And tell me how to get into my account?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

How are you accessing your hotmail account, from a phone, an ipad? Or a computer? If its a computer,

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, if you are using a computer. What web browser are you using to access your hotmail account? Internet explorer, Safari, Edge, Mozilla firefox, Chrome?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using a Dell laptop, I'm using Internet Explorer. It's Windows 7.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

This is most likely, an issue with your browser. Either a proxy was set or its picking a bad server to connect to within hotmail.

Lets try the following.

reset internet explorer as described here. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

Once reset.. next, go back to the internet options window, go to the connections tab. Click lan settings, and then uncheck all boxes you see and then click ok.. ( if none are checked to begin with, you can close the window.)

Then, open internet explorer again and try to access outlook.com

And see if you can sign i nto your hotmail account.

If you cant sign in, or even if you can. let me know!

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This seems weird to me. I can't understand the info on the link. Is it going to wipe out my Favourites?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any Reset IE Settings dialogue box. Where can I find it?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Yes.. It would wipe out your favorites.. You can back them up first if you need to.

To back them up, at the top left of the internet explorer screen click file, then click import / export.

Then click export favorites to a file. Create the file.. And you should be good to go.

As far as the reset, you have to click the settings button, then click internet options. And then click the advanced t ab.

And then click the reset button at the bottom of the advanced tab..

If your still having issues finding it. Let me know!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can I find the Settings button? And can you do something about that Start my Free Trial ad that is blocking so much of my screen?????
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Here is a visual guide.. Which should help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1222-internet-explorer-reset.html

Unfortunately, I cant do anything about the advertisement.

Let me know if your able to follow those steps to reset IE. And also, if your able to disable the proxy boxes as I suggested.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very uncomfortable doing this. I am NOT a techie and don't see why I should have to be one. I'ts your product (Hotmail) this is messing up. And it worked just fine before Microsoft owned it. Surely there must be some other way on your end.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

To be clear. This is Justanswer.com, not microsoft.

And also, Microsoft doesnt repair computer issues. Browsers and computers can acquire issues like this for many reasons. Usually its a matter of maintenance needing to be done on the computer itself. My hotmail account works fine, and there arent any widespread outages being reported.

So this is likely a case of the problem being specifically, your computer or browser.

If you would prefer, I can connect to your computer directly via a screen sharing session, and repair the issues for you in person. Let me know if you would like to try that additional service.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're NOT Microsoft???? Are you kidding me? Then please refund my money ASAP as I don't want to talk to anyone but Microsoft on this.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

You came to us, I didnt seek you out. And the very first sentence I spoke to you said quoted

" Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you."

Im going to stress again, microsoft does not provide live help. If you want to seek help elsewhere you are welcome to.

If you want to solve the issue, then youre welcome to continue working with me.

Ive already given you the exact steps needed to solve the issue after taking my time to diagnose the problem, and help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not going to risk it.Also, your company's ad was the first that popped up when I googled Microsoft Help and it was labeled Microsoft Questions and Answers.How do I get my money back?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Regardless of whether you feel its a risk or not.

Wherever else you go youre going to get the same answer as to how to solve the problem that I just gave you. ( As long as who you ask is familiar with this issue, that error, and how to solve it)

getting a correct answer and then seeking a refund after the fact is frowned upon. I help people in good faith day in and day out.

The sequence of events as described above is correct. Acting like you werent aware this isnt microsoft and using that as a basis for a refund is a hard sell considering there are large huge Justanswer banners all over the place and at no point did I represent myself as working with Microsoft.

At the end of the day, you received a correct answer. And now you want a refund.

Here you go. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. I do appreciate the time you've taken. But with the greatest of respect to you and your company, Just Answers isn't exactly a major household brand name. I saw nothing that wouldn't mean that JA was a part of Microsoft - they own just about everything else, after all. I'm sorry I wasted your time.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

With respect, we're the largest independent question and answer site in the world.

We've been in business since 2003. And not far from being publicly traded. If you use the link I sent you, you wont have any issues requesting a refund.

No other major tech companies will provide service and then offer a refund. That alone speaks to our credibility.

Good day~