Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I lost all of my messages ( in bsket, sent items, etc). How

Customer Question

I lost all of my messages ( in bsket, sent items, etc). How do I retrieve them?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can provide you assistance with this issue, please tell me the following:

1. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Also, can you please describe to me how you lost the messages? Did you delete them accidentally? Did you perform a restore or system scan that resulted to this? Or did you uninstall your Windows Live Mail and reinstalled?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xp. Just vanished
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your persisting issues. Can you tell me what email account do you have in your Windows Live Mail? Is it a Yahoo Mail? Hotmail? Gmail? AOL? or others?

And have you tried to access that email account using a web browser to check if all emails are still intact there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast. No, wouldn't have a clue how to check browser
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

Your Windows Live Mail program is only fetching emails from your Comcast mail server and then storing them on your computer for offline reading. However, depending on how you setup the account, all emails can still be contained in your account in the comcast mail server which you can access using a web browser.

However, in order to access your Comcast email in the webmail, you need to provide the password.

Please use your browser and go to the link below:

https://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts=25d5ddd9

Sign in there using your full email address and password. Test if you can access your email

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access. All lost there as well.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, your only option now is to recover the emails in your Windows Live Mail. You are not seeing the emails in your Windows live Mail in the email accessed through the browser because, your Windows Live Mail email account could have been setup as POP or POP3 that deletes the emails from the server once they are downloaded to your computer.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in recovering your emails while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nah. I'm pressed for time and will have to live with it. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the persisting issue. If you have not accidentally deleted the emails in your Windows Live Mail, then I believe your mailbox could have been corrupted.

There are 2 procedures that you can do to try to recover those emails.

First, please try to shutdown the computer and then after 3 to 5 minutes, please turn it back on. When the computer has fully booted, try to open your Windows Live Mail again and see if the emails re-appear.

If this procedure fails, then your next and last option is to perform a system restore. This is to roll back your system state a few days back when your email were still intact.

To perform the system restore, please do the following:

1. Click Start => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools => System Restore
  2. Select a restore point that is dated a few days back when all your emails were still intact
  3. Follow the on screen procedures to restore
  4. After the restore, test your Windows Live Mail.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess