Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I"m having a really frustrating problem with Outlook 2011.

Customer Question

I"m having a really frustrating problem with Outlook 2011. Can't access the Accounts preferences panel when I go to Outlook>preferences>Accounts. The panel just freezes. I've done everything I can think of...rebuilding the database numerous times, and just a a few minutes ago did a total re-install. Same thing. All the other Outlook preferences panes open just fine, but the program is freezing totally when I try to access Accounts. This has been going on since late yesterday morning!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you do this please

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please in Outlook.