Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Email Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, Expert in Large Email Platforms
23511658

My outlook is bouncing email when sent form outside my home.

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

When you have your email accounts set up in Outlook, each account has 2 different servers set up – one is the server that it is checking to receive your email and this is very straightforward regardless of where you are connected. The other setting is the outbound server and this is more complicated. The reason is that if you are on for example a Comcast service and if you are using a Comcast server to send the outbound email, it will not work if you are outside of the Comcast network. Which means if you are somewhere where the wireless network simply isn't connected to Comcast. There are ways around this but what I would need to know is who your email service provider is and who your Internet service provider is where you are able to send the email from. In either case you should be able to go to the webmail page of that email and send or receive email – this is a good test just to make sure your email account is working properly both ways and the problem is with Outlook configuration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have outlook 365 which is basically exchange. This only seems to be happening when trying to send from certain client's sites or sometimes when people try to send to my email.I get this error:your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later. Error is [0x8004010f-00000000-00000000]

Thank you for the info. I am familiar with the error. What you will have to do is create a new Outlook Profile. Since there are several steps involved, I'm providing a link to the instructions, which includes screenshots.

http://bitli.es/5ewhay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have not had time to try this, but looks like the correct solution.

You're welcome. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. It will keep the question with me in case you need additional help.