Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I have 2 Hotmail email accounts, but I haven't been

Customer Question

I have 2 Hotmail email accounts, but I haven't been receiving emails from***@******.*** for over a month, and yet when I send myself an email or ask someone to send me one, it goes through. I haven't even been receiving spam which is really strange. Can you check my account to see what the problem is?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
To clarify, when you send an email from***@******.***, it is never received by anyone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is always received. My problem is that I am not receiving emails from anyone unless I request it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How do you mean request it?
Click the circle arrow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This my problem: My***@******.*** email is my band's email Until a month ago I received a lot of mail from fans, interested parties and spam. Now I never get mail unless I ask somonee (request) to send me an email just to see if it is working..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you click on the Gear wheel in the top right, then Manage Rules
Do you see any rules set?
If so, remove them as these would be stopping certain emails.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please just help by sending messages.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, as I mentioned it was optional. I also gave you a set of instructions to do, did you do these?
I have repeated them again below
if you click on the Gear wheel in the top right, then Manage Rules
Do you see any rules set?
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
Thanks for your help but this isn't helping. Just take my $5.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
why? you just need to do the last instructions I gave, how is it not helping?
I am only compensated when you rate my service, but as we have spent some time on this and I have repeated the instructions a few times, I am a bit confused now why your just disregarding them...