Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.
33602187

After upgrading from widows 8 to windows 10 the computer

Customer Question

After upgrading from widows 8 to windows 10 the computer will not lock in sleep mode and I can't use drop box.
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi,I am Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it is fixed.

Please reply back to me by clicking "Reply to Expert" and type your queries/result at the box given below.

Please go to control panel and then power settings and make the required the changes.

Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution:
Would you allow me to take remote control of your computer and fix all the issues quickly as per your permission while you stay in front of it.It is 100% safe and secure.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable with performing steps yourself.

Remote access is an optional additional service($19 only) offer regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Click on "Get Extra Help" (Usually written with an orange background).

Visit this website:

www.join.me

Click “Start Meeting” on that page and download and run this file.

You will get a popup on top of the screen.

That pop will show you a 9 digit number. Please tell me about this 9 digit number.

We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Please reply back to me at the box given below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want remote access.
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Alright, I will help you under question and answer session.

Please click Start button and go to Control Panel.

Go to "Power Options". And then click "Require Password ***** Wakeup."

Make required changes and then click "Save Changes".

Also, please download and reinstall drop box by visiting the link given here:

https://www.dropbox.com/install

Keep me posted. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under Control Panel I could not find "Power Options". What I found was control panel then "settings" "power and sleep" "additional settings" "power and sleep" "related power settings" "require a password ***** wakeup" "require a password" I can not click on this option. The computer will not allow it. While typing to you the typing area and font have become very big and hard to use, for this open web page only.
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Once you click "Require a password ***** wake up” on the left-hand side, please click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” link and then make the required changes.

For screenshots, please check out the link given below:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7771/prevent-windows-asking-for-a-password-on-wake-up-from-sleepstandby/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.I don't know where but I managed to find that your webpage was magnifying at 500%. I have now set in it to 100% and it is much easier to use.Because of the free trial and the 5 email option I selected how many times can I still contact you if I need to. I do think I have my problems solved though.
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

You can contact me as many times as you want.

Once you go to control panel, then "settings" -->>"power and sleep"-->> "additional settings" -->>"power and sleep"-->> "related power settings" -->>"require a password ***** wakeup" "require a password

then, please click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” link and then make the required changes.