bsilverop
bsilverop, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15+ years troubleshooting computer hardware/software
8287049

My sister has hotmail and i have gmail.ican't send or reeive

Customer Question

my sister has hotmail and i have gmail.ican't send or reeive messages to her; whast provider will let me?
Category: Email
Expert:  bsilverop replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question. When you say that you cannot send or receive messages to/from your sister, what are you referring to? Are you referring to email or another method (ie - AIM, Yahoo Messenger, etc..)? There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to send/receive emails between Hotmail and GMail, so I'm just hoping to understand the problem more clearly at this point. I look forward to your reply. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i always get a message that brings yahoo into the equation.the problem is i terminated yahoo and it is still interfering .i am going to the hospital wed to get evaluated for a heart and lung transplant and I can't even talk to my sis!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
message is:permanenl.tly failed , rejected by mx1hotmail.com message couldn't be delivered on behalf of yahoo.com due to domain owner policy
Expert:  bsilverop replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest sending the mail through a gmail account with an @gmail.com address, or sending directly using the mail.yahoo.com web page. Yahoo does not allow mail to be sent on its behalf (ie - from a web contact form or through gmail). Sending directly should allow the message to be sent. Let me know if you need help with that and I'll be happy to start a remote session with you. Thanks,